Date: January 17, 2014
• Fuel Stores have better energy efficiency than Non-Fuel Stores.
• Newer fuel stores (better efficient refrigeration sys. & bldg. efficiency) might offset the dispenser fuel pumps & outdoor lights.
• This assumption can be further investigated by comparing end-use data between Fuel and Non-Fuel Stores.
• In general, Fuel Stores consume less energy per square foot per transaction than Non-Fuel Stores.
• 95% of Fuel Stores use 427±122 kBtu/ft2-yr, while 95% of Non-Fuel Stores use 425±120 kBtu/ft2-yr.
• Identified 17 “Excessive Energy Use” Stores.
• Identified stores that consume significantly more energy in 2012 than that of 2011.
• Conducted statistical tests, identified three most influential independent parameters – customer transaction #, square footage, store age, based on currently available store info.